The European School of Mol is looking for a psychologist to work in collaboration with the counselling team of the School. This is a contract until the end of the school year. The psychologist will mainly work with pupils from the secondary school.
The school psychologist will play a role as a partner in a pedagogical team including the Management, Learning Support team, teachers and educational advisors. The school psychologist will work with all members of school community as a professional advisor.
Support to pupils and parents
- Meet pupils when requested (e.g. in case of worrying behaviour, addictions, emational and personal problems, etc.)
- Meet pupils with intensive support needs
- Help to orientate pupils in difficulty
- Meet parents when they request an appointment
In no case may the school psychologist carry out a therapy on a child, whether it is on the school grounds or in a private practice. The school psychologist must avoid all conflict of interest situations with regards to the school.
Collaboration with Teachers and Educational Advisors
- Offer advice to the teachers and help them to work with pupils with difficulties in their classes (academic, behavioural or emotional difficulties)
- Guide teachers and educational advisors in their understanding of the psychological development of teenagers and offer trainings, for example, during the pedagogical day
- Provide interventions in classrooms, at the school’s request
Collaboration with the School Management
- Inform the Management of the school’s needs in trainings and in material resources, whilst respecting the budgetary constraints.
- Offer his/her professional skills to members of the Direction, at their request
- Provide reports regarding his/her activities
- Communicate information on pupils in difficulty, while respecting the confidentiality inherent to his/her profession
- Inform the Management if he/she suspects that a child could represent a danger for himself and/or for the others.
- Participate to meetings after school’s hours occasionally, at the Management request
- Assist and advise to the support team, especially for the elaboration of the individual pedagogical programmes of pupils
- At the request of different colleagues, meet the parents in order to determinate the specific needs for their children
- Facilitate the contact with external specialists and if necessary, initiate a link with these specialists.
- At the Management’s request, he/she will participate to the Advisory group for the children with specific educational needs.
The school psychologist does not establish a complete psychological assessment for the children with specific needs but he/she can send his/her recommendations to the Support coordinator and to the parents.
PROFILE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Masters’ degree in Clinical Psychology with a specialization in educational psychology
- Experience with teenagers
- Working experience in the educational field or a school is a plus
- Experience in an international environment is an asset
- Very good knowledge of French and/or English
- Fluency in another EU language is an asset
- Good listening and interpersonal skills
- Start immediately
- An international team and environment
- Temporary contract until 30 June 2021, subject to the Service Regulations for the Administrative and Ancillary Staff at European Schools (https://www.eursc.eu/BasicTexts/2007-D-153-en-10.pdf)
- Weekly schedule: 19.75 working hours per week (schedule can be agreed)
- Free on Wednesday afternoons and school holidays
Sollicitaties moeten worden ingediend voor 14/03/2021