The European Schools are an intergovernmental organisation providing multilingual, multicultural and multinational education.
The European School of Mol is recruiting 1 Teacher of English as foreign language
- Teaching English as a foreign language (20 periods)
- Teaching English immersion course on Wednesday afternoon in September 2022
- Follow the European Schools curriculum
- Motivated to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment
Profile and requirements
- Qualified secondary school teacher for English as a foreign language
- C2-level English
- Recent experience as a secondary school teacher
- Language knowledge: EN, knowledge of one of the other European vehicular languages (DE-FR) is considered an asset
- Candidates must be entitled to work in Belgium
- Candidates have to be in possession of a recent DBS check ("Certificate of good conduct")
- Candidates can send their applications via the school website by 15/08/2022
Only CVs in Europass format can be considered
- Shortlisting on 16/08/2022
- Interview with the selection committee 23/08/2022
- Validation of the diploma by a national inspector
Suitable candidates can be added to the recruitment reserve list. We keep this list for a period of 3 years.
- A one-year contract, according to the Service regulations for locally recruited teachers in the European Schools (Ref.: 2016-05-D-11-en-1) starting on 01/09/2022
- 20 teaching periods per week (21 periods is full time)
- In September an English language immersion course on Wednesday afternoon will be added (= 2 periods per week)
- Salary indication: gross salary € 5.420 for a 20-hour contract in step 1
- Contract of definite duration until 31/08/2023 with the possibility of prolongation
- Removal costs (art. 37)
"A locally recruited teacher recruited for a minimum period of one year and a contract providing a minimum of 16 hours/periods per week shall, as provided in Article 59 and Article 62 of the Regulations for Seconded Staff Members of the European Schools, be entitled to reimbursement of the expenses caused by the removal to the place of the school (...)".
- Installation allowance (art. 37bis)
"A locally recruited teacher recruited for a minimum period of one year and a contract providing a minimum of 16 hours/periods per week who furnishes evidence of having been obliged to change his/her place of residence and of having actually settled at his/her place of employment (...) shall be entitled (a) to an installation allowance (...)".
Please note that our green, 20-hectare campus in Mol is located in a beautiful family friendly environment 80 km from Brussels. Our address: Europawijk 100, 2400 MOL, Belgium.
- Link to the European School of Mol: www.esmol.be/en/
- Link to the European Schools: www.eursc.eu
- Link to the service regulations for locally recruited teachers in the European Schools: www.eursc.eu/en/Office/official-texts/basic-texts/en
- Information about the processing of your personal data in our privacy statement: www.esmol.be/en/policies
- Link to Europass CV: europa.eu/europass/en
Sollicitaties moeten worden ingediend voor 15/08/2022